Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Full Circle

When I started to crochet, I began this circle rug. I never knew crochet hooks could be so huge. Finishing up projects of old, I have only a bit more on the last round to do and am looking for black fabric. Deets the cat found that is it very, very soft to walk on and work his claws on. Hey, so what, it is all old fabric strips anyway, he can't really hurt it. And yes it is soft to walk on, I had not realized this. I think that is another reason to make rugs like this, using fabric that has no further purpose and perhaps has some memories attached. In this rug I can see the curtains, skirts and jumpers that I used to wear, or fabric that was donated from friends. So I call this rug, "Diary".

2 comments:

Feng Shui Western Mass said...

Love this!

Vermont Valley and Fiber Crafts said...

thanks, if you get me the fabric, I will make one, seriously.
cb