Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Crochet Action Toy

Meet TINA TURTLE, created for a 6 year old in my family. She won't understand the significance of the name, do you? The turtle with her eggs inside, broken shells and baby turles outside, will provide a good story for her and brother, David. Sorry the pics are a bit fuzzy, done in haste.The orginal amigurumi design did not include the pouch, so I added that on.The pattern is in Amigurumi Two by Ana Paula Rimoli. Quite easy, just takes time sewing all the pieces together, legs, heads, etc. I can't wait to see how she likes it. She selected it from the book for me to crochet. Two little girls, 9 and 8 years old, have already passed their blessing on to it, they both loved it dearly. That is a good sign.

3 comments:

BabyFeet said...

Wow, that's super cute! I love the broken eggs and babies especially!

Reba's Prints said...

Wow! Your turtle is wonderful Carolyn! I love the way it all fits together!

Vermont Valley and Fiber Crafts said...

Thanks to all. Yes, it is a real story in and of itself. I hope she likes it.
carolyn