Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hanger Sweaters From the Past


I have inherited hanger sweaters that are the best thing since the clothes pin, but better for keeping things on the hanger. Mine were knit, but I have found a way to crochet them. The first one I made was just a long six stitch wide piece that was sewed together up the length of the hanger. Wooden hangers are recommended.
Here is the first one.
The next version is much easier. Crochet a tube of 10 single crochet stitches to the length of one half of the hanger, slide it on. Make another one, slide it on and stitch the two "sleeves" of the sweater together in the middle, viola. They go fast, good for rides in the car, board meetings. And aren't you glad I have stopped using that ugly orange and yellow yarn, I am.

No comments: