Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

CROCHET COMFORT DOLLS - take two

I am starting all over again. You see here the worsted wool that I should have used with my K Hook. Using the donated wool, mostly bulky wool gave me very large dolls that did not felt well. Stay tuned for the next edition of this project. I don't usually get things right the first time, but it is not for lack of trying. I have the colors or the pants(blue) and shirt(melon) skin, hair and hat(gold) for the boy and the multicolor for the dress for the girl and gold for the straw hat idea. So I am off to start this correctly, meanwhile I will felt and decorate the first dolls for display and teaching others I guess. Live and learn, it's a process.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carolyn,
Felting is sort of a hit or miss thing. Some wool felts well and other wool doesn't. I always use a hot water wash, cold water rinse, and hot dryer. But every wool is different. I have a friend, Flo Howes, in Canaan, VT who makes handknit felted hats (sells them in Colbrook,NH at the craft shop). She's in the phone book if you want to give her a call for some advice!
Snowing here a bit and damp and just above freezing. This has been a very cold month!
Good luck with the felting.
Averill Mountain Crafts

Anonymous said...

thanks Carol. I felted just the way you mentioned. I just used the wrong size yarn. It is a learning process. I love the idea of felting and will try more things as I make them. bye for now..cb