Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Christmas Knitting

I made a lot of hats this year as gifts, but I sent most of them off before I took photos of them!  I found a neat pattern for a ski mask that rolls up to form a regular hat when it's not too cold. My husband had been asking for a ski mask for when he runs the snowblower, so I made him two for Christmas (both are knit from handspun, and the brown one is handspun alpaca), and one for a present for another friend.  He likes the hat and it works well as a ski mask in cold weather.  No sooner did he get the mask than we had our first major snow of the year.  Here are photos of the mask and the mask in action as he runs the snowblower!



I also found a nice pattern for a cowl that knits up quickly, looks good, and is very warm.  The pattern is called "Curling Cowl" and is available on Ravelry if you want to try it.  I made several in different colors of kid mohair and they made nice gifts.

Happy Holidays everyone!  I haven't posted in a while, but will try to be more active this year!

1 comment:

Vermont Valley and Fiber Crafts said...

Carol, thanks for posting on the blog. I think I am the only one sometimes who bothers to post anymore. I do it to keep track of what I make because I usually give things away also. I love making the animal hats for the little ones, and they like to wear them. Ah, sweet youth. I should look for a facemask in crochet as I am not a knitter. I am really enjoying weaving though and making scarves for friends, now, custom work, hey...why not. bye