Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

Placemats for the Seasons

 SPRING: Iris and Daffodils
WINTER: Snow Shine
FALL:  Red Maple
SUMMER: Azaleas and Water :Lilies
The four season place mats are done in crochet over jute. They show an interpretive design that came from the rug done in this technique earlier. These take much less time and look very nice on the table. They may be a bit busy, so I have planned to do more placemats with 2 colors in a frame, or perhaps 3 blocks. Less time and more flexibility with match napkins or dishes, etc. These will be available at The Artful Eye in St. Johnsbury, Vermont during the week of Feb 27.   Check out this great new shop at       www.theartfuleye.com

2 comments:

Averill Mountain Crafts said...

These are lovely, Carolyn! When we come to visit Averill, I'll have to bring you some of my handspun yarn; I have lots of small quantities that aren't of much use for knitting--I've been using some in my Inkle strips, eg.
Carol

Vermont Valley and Fiber Crafts said...

thank you Carol. Any yarn that is donated is a wonderful gift. My weaver friend in Maine sends me her thrums, weaving leftovers, waste ... and I weave or crochet it back into something. I will start weaving with fabric strips soon.
cb