Search This Blog

Monday, November 2, 2009

Rag Rugging - The Beginning -Equipment

When the rug braiding workshop was cancelled, my mission of using up old clothes and leftover fabrics for a rug disappeared. Or did it? I had heard about rag rugs, but what were they? I think I have found a new way to recycle old cloth, and there is someone else in the NEK who does this, too! Rag Rugging. This is done with enormous crochet hooks and one inch strips of fabric, or heavy yarns or fabric and yarn together and on and on, what ever one can dream up. So here is what I have come up with so far. Don't forget, Youtube, you can see what this is immediately. I am going go be a while. So...first we have the tools: electric scissors, cutting mat, good cutting shears, cloth cutting tool and rulered straight edge with handle. Rolled balls of the cut strips keep things tidy. Next, cutting tips.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how this project progresses. I started a rug quite a few years ago, but without any help on the particulars of how to do it I never got very far. Maybe now I can learn from you!
CBK