Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2009

What's UP?


August 14-15, 2004, where was I? Not in northeastern Vermont avoiding the traffic!! The final tour (NOT) of the Vermont based rock group, Phish, took place in the next town over from here. At the site (aka psychedelic amusement park)I first witnessed these huge upsidedown trees. They must have used a crane among other things to place them. Loving them, I have used that idea around my place on a much smaller scale obviously. BIRDS NEED THESE! They are covered with birds at all times, all seasons. Bluebirds are using them here. They have been wildly successful for the birds and in giving me and others pleasure, first in seeing the natural shape of a root system, as well as a natural resting place for the birds. I call them my phish commemoration trees, and I wasn't even at the concert. I can still see the concert trees when I drive through the site, now reverted back to its original function, a farm. BTW, this really happened, go to http://www.coventryphish.com/ to see more pics, and those wonderful root trees.

No comments: